Friday, 10 June 2016

Week 13: Clawing back my motivation!

It's been a few lazy and nonchalant weeks with my healthy eating and exercise taking a battering. I have had a lot going on - although not enough to stop me from making the right choices - and yet that's just what's happened.

But for the first time ever I haven't given up. I've still done what I could on the better days, even when I felt like just not bothering. And I'm still counting my journey in weeks from the beginning (so it's week 13 on Saturday). I think this has helped keep me going, that feeling like I am already invested and it's worth carrying on. A year or two down the line I probably won't even remember this few weeks of fannying about.

A couple of weeks ago I sat wondering why I couldn't get my arse into gear and remembered that two friends at work are doing Slimming World. I thought, well, it can't get any worse than losing nothing week in week out, so I spoke to one of them and arranged to meet them there last night. The group was lovely and I have had my first 'good day' in weeks.

It's my sponsored run on Sunday and I'm looking forward to it. I wish I'd have lost a bit more by now and perhaps built my stamina up a bit, but I know I can do it and I definitely couldn't say that 4 months ago. It's time to be a grown up about these things and not let myself fall into a downward spiral of shame, self-hate and not looking after my body.

Amy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment