Monday, 21 March 2016

Meal Planning Monday - 21st March


Hi everyone, hoping my MPM is better late than never! I had an assignment due this morning and - me being as last minute as I am - I was working on it over the weekend and didn't have time to blog - boooo!

I am definitely sticking with my oaty breakfast bowls this week, they are delicious and fill me up til lunchtime. I make them with:

2 tbsp oats
125g ish of Alpro soya yoghurt - I tried the almond one last week and it was SO GOOD
A couple of pieces of fruit - usually 1/2 a banana and a few strawberries, blueberries or nectarine. 
A sprinkling of dried fruits - cranberries are a firm favourite at the mo
1 tsp of chia seeds
1 tsp of flax seeds
And maybe a dash of Choc Shot if I'm feeling fancy 


The salads were not a huge hit last week, everything tasted a bit bitter to me, but I might try them again this week and have some soup too. 

Snacks will be carrot and cucumber sticks, pitta, houmous, fruit and nuts. I didn't miss crisps, chocolate or breakfast bars last week and I think these tasty snacks helped, along with copious amounts of water.

My parents are coming to stay for Easter weekend and that means we'll probably decide what we're eating on the day as they usually like to go out. 

Monday: Stir fry with sweet and sour sauce

Tuesday: Pasta with spicy tomato sauce and veg

Wednesday: Spaghetti bolognese 

Thursday: Veggie sausages and roasted butternut squash, red onions and carrots (one of our favourites ever!)

Friday: Decide on the day

Saturday: Decide on the day

Sunday: Out for a roast dinner with my parents. I am also planning on making a chocolate cake for Easter Sunday using a Betty Crocker cake mix and a can of pop to replace the eggs - it really works!! And makes it vegan ;-) 

I hope you all have a lovely, relaxing Easter! See you on the other side :-)

What are you eating this week?

Amy xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fab! What is choc shot?

    I love your snack ideas, I need to pop some basics in my work cupboards to stop the biscuit snacking. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choc shot is delicious liquid chocolate which is suitable for vegans and 100% natural http://www.sweetfreedom.co.uk/index.php/choc-shot you can use it to make hot chocolate but I use it on ice cream or my breakfast :-)
      Work snacks are the hardest I find. I am trying to just take loads of fruit and veg but temptation is never far away in an office!! X

      Delete