Sunday, 14 February 2016

Letting stuff go



I've spent the morning sorting through my wardrobe, drawers and storage boxes and have a huge pile of clothes to take to the charity shop. This is a big deal for me as I keep stuff for sooo long and rarely throw anything out. I'm not sure why, I've just always struggled to let go of my things, holding on to them for sentimental reasons or because 'I might need them'.

The last few months have been really hard for me emotionally, but I can feel a dawn approaching and with it is the feeling that getting rid of some old junk will really help. I have also listed a few items on eBay like this dress I've had about 5 years and worn probably twice...


I've also spent a fair amount of time crafting this weekend and finally finished crocheting the hat I'd promised to a work colleage. I used one of my recycled birthday card gift tags and some colourful yarn to dress the bag. I hope she likes it! Recycling my cards in this way helps me not to keep them forever and ever. I told you I struggle to throw things away!


Archie has played with Lego and watched Minecraft videos on the laptop for most of the day which means it's been pretty chilled. I am going to finish customising a cardigan this afternoon, so stay tuned for pics! In the mean time have a lovely Valentine's Sunday.

Amy xx

Dead but still pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment