Monday, 8 February 2016

HDYGG? // My first Daffodil


Confession time: I haven't bothered with gardening since I planted my bulbs in October! I have been so busy with work and uni that I've hardly stepped foot outside. Mabel has spent the winter indoors with us too, so there's not been much reason to even open the back door! We've offered her out a few times but she just comes hopping back in again.

I popped out this morning to have a nose at my pots and was so thrilled to see a daffodil has bloomed. I planted three pots worth of daffodil bulbs and the others are shooting up but this is the first to brave the windy Kentish weather.

The crocuses are almost out and the hyacinths and tulips are also on their way. There's lots of stuff going on in the muscari, snowdrop and anemone pots but no buds yet.

Just a shorty for my first #HDYGG of 2016, but it's great to get back out and see what's going on - even if it is freezing cold!

Amy xx









Mammsaurus HDYGG

6 comments:

  1. Ah spring holds such promise, lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx I love daffodils, so thrilled to have grown my own!

      Delete
  2. Ahh it's such a lovely time seeing the bulbs popping up! Our bluebell leaves are poking up - really excited to see them - and blossom, basically I just need colour now!
    Thanks ever so much for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I like the winter but I'm defo missing all the colourful flowers now! Thanks for having me x

      Delete
  3. looks like it will be a lovely display when the bulbs all flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Suzanne! My fingers are firmly crossed! :-)

      Delete