Friday, 22 January 2016

How to Crochet a Granny Square



Hi everyone, I thought I'd share with you a couple of videos I made a few years back of how to crochet a granny square. I taught myself to crochet using a mixture of YouTube videos and online blog tutorials (this one from Little Tin Bird is fab) but I couldn't find a video that explained the order that everything was done and why, so had a go myself.

These videos are quite basic as I only used my camera phone propped on a few cake tins and they're the first videos I have made for this kind of purpose.

This first video shows how to start the first round...



The second video show you how to tie off the first round, add a new colour and crochet the second round...



You will need to know how to hold your hook and it would be helpful if you already know how to chain stitch, and hopefully you will learn how to do a double stitch if you don't already know how to.

I hope the videos explain where the stitches go and hopefully you can crochet along with them.

Enjoy!

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment