Friday, 6 November 2015

Little Apple Twists


Since I've stopped taking orders for my cake business, I have decided to make it my personal mission to bake for our monthly team meetings at work.
You might remember the breakfast cupcakes I made - they were for the last one and went down really well, so I wanted to match them this month if I could.

Our team meetings are from 10 am so I like the idea of something sweet but not too dessert-y and I always stick to easy stuff. These Little Apple Twists definitely tick those boxes with just four ingredients and five steps to make them.

This recipe makes approx. 16 mini twists, or you could make them longer and have 8. Some of mine un-twisted in the oven, and making them longer would surely stop this from happening.

You will need:

1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry (Jus-Rol is vegan) left out of the fridge to bring it up to room temp.
A jar of Bramley apple sauce (you'll use about a third)
A sprinkling of ground cinammon
A sprinkling of granulated sugar

Also a baking tray, some non-stick paper and a pizza cutter (but a knife will do) and a teaspoon.

Step one: Preheat the oven to 190C / Gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.

Step two: Lay your pastry sheet out flat and use a pizza cutter to divide into 16 even rectangles. I do this by starting off cutting it in half, then half again and so on until I have enough pieces.

Step three: Spread about a teaspoon of apple sauce along the middle of each rectangle (lengthways) and fold in half. Spread a tiny bit more apple sauce on top of the folded pastry.

Step four: Holding each end of the pastry, twist in opposite directions to create a twisted straw and place on your baking tray. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Step five: Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until puffed up, golden and gorgeous. Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!




Free From 

Farmhouse

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! Lucky team is all I can say! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, they were gobbled quite quickly. Think I might make double next time! :-) Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. These sound so delicious Amy and incredibly straight forward to make. Apple turn overs were always one of my favourite treats from the bakery when I was a child, I think these will be making their way onto my 'to bake' list.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy Angela, especially with using jarred apple sauce, I guess you could make extra special ones with your own apple sauce but I love a bit of cheating now and then! I was thinking of making little turnovers at the time but went for the twists, will def put mini turnovers on my to bake list, too! Thanks for reading xxxx

      Delete