Wednesday, 4 November 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow? // Shoulder to Shoulder (Potting for Spring)


I've missed a couple of weeks of #HDYGG but I have still been outside, tidying, planting and taking snaps.
I tried my hand at 'shoulder to shoulder' planting but I am not sure if I have done it right (are they close enough?) Even if I haven't I am sure the flowers will look beautiful come spring (at least that's the idea...) My husband was on hand to take pictures for me so I could remember where and how I planted everything, he is catching the tog-bug from me (look at that snail shot!)






Nick and I spent an afternoon in the garden getting the pots ready for the spring and arranging them on a little deck. I really hope to create a bright and beautiful display next year, with pots of all different sizes and a rainbow of colourful blooms. 

Early one morning last week I was making toast and glanced out of the kitchen window to see the most lovely sunrise. I dashed out with my camera and took some photos, and couldn't help but go on to capture the dewy spiderwebs and flowers...














Mammsaurus HDYGG

15 comments:

  1. what great shots! and that bunny!!!!!!!! are you kidding me with that bunny!? i need one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Claudia!! She is very cute... a bit of a monster though, believe it or not! Nibbling...thumping...hates being picked up! Still, wouldn't change her! :-)

      Delete
  2. Such pretty photos! Everything looks nicer with a bit of rain on it (except rabbits maybe!) Sunrises have a habit of transforming the start of a day, really adds a spring in my step, same with fog. Admiring how organised you are, I always buy bulbs around this time of year and end up planting them at the end of December!
    Thank you for joining in again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Annie! I am a massive procrastinator and this is only my second year of planting bulbs so novelty reigns...I still have a crochet blanket I have been meaning to finish for three years, oh and a university assignment due in a week... so hopefully that puts my 'organisation' into some kind of perspective!! :-) Thanks again for hosting, it's my faaaavourite xx

      Delete
  3. You're so reminding me that I need to start thinking bulbs! And that bunny shot - love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kriss! Do you know what you'd like to plant for spring?

      Delete
  4. Naughty rabbit! You look very organized for the spring. The constant rain has put my plans on hold at the moment (that's my lazy excuse anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can save some money by doing it later then all the better! I saved loads by planting bulbs a bit too late in the spring, most of them came up anyway and it was nice to have a mix and a few suprises! :-)

      Delete
  5. how cute is that bunny rabbit and what a lovely shot of the sunset. i hope your shoulder to shoulder planting works out well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, I have my fingers firmly crossed! Xxx

      Delete
  6. What fab shots and a gorgeous rabbit too. Hope the bulbs work out - I've not heard it called that before but it makes sense :) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I am really excited for the spring! Now's the hard bit, waiting and waiting! Hope you're well xxx

      Delete
    2. I'm good thanks - and yes, winter to get through first... xxx

      Delete
  7. So much of autumn here despite we are nearly in winter. Lovely photos and so much to look forward to with those bulbs. #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we're definitely in the throes of Autumn here too, it's beautiful out although no trees near my house so a disappointing lack of crunchy leaves in my garden! The school run is absolutely littered though so I can't complain too much :-) Thank you for popping by again xxx

      Delete