Friday, 25 September 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow? // Dew Drops and Bees Wings

I haven't been in the garden for weeks but I have checked on it every day through the patio doors or kitchen window. It's not the same of course, but I have seen the gladioli that I planted in the summer bloom despite me thinking I'd put the bulbs in the ground far too late. They look lovely and have got me thinking about all-white window boxes for next year. Gardening really is the gift that keeps on giving, I can see why so many people are so passionate about it.

Anyway, this morning I saw dew on the grass for the first time and I decided to get out there and take a closer look.



It was lovely taking in the fresh morning air as I tried to capture these tiny diamond drops on the grass. My photography isn't very good, I can barely get good pictures on auto but I am not letting that put me off - one day I will understand all those controls! I snooped around the flower bed, too. And look who I found...


As the head of this flower droops and faces the floor, I knelt down and stuck my face underneath so I could see the colours - only to be greeted by her! So sweet.


I was also keen to get a photograph of a plant I bought as a sad-looking cutting for 79p in the summer. I thought it would probably die, but it quickly started to flourish and I was delighted to see little purple flowers appearing a few weeks ago. I crouched down and focused my camera and in flew another welcome guest...


I love his wings!


I felt my venture to the garden was well and truly rewarded this morning, and I have made a promise to myself to spend more time out there, it really cheers me up.

How does your garden grow?

Mammasaurus

14 comments:

  1. Some lovely shots with the mini wildlife in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kriss, it's lovely to know the things we have planted are of use to the other inhabitants of our address!

      Delete
  2. we all spend so much time tending the garden and not just sitting out and enjoying it, the upside down flower with the little snail is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, I was so happy to find her there! I must admit I am not great at sitting out and enjoying the garden, I am a very indoorsy person, but I do like to have a snoop every day and see what's occurring xx

      Delete
  3. Love the mornings when the dew is on the grass, I like to potter out with a cuppa. Great captures of the bee and the snail, the latter is such a tiddly little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Sam. I know that snail just stole my heart! So so sweet :-)

      Delete
  4. It is so rewarding to successfully rescue a plant from 'casualty corner'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, my new found joy!! I usually feel so sorry for the plants in the 'seasonal discount' corner and scoop up a load of half-dead plants. I actually had what resembled a plant hospital in my garden a few weeks ago!!

      Delete
  5. That's so lovely to hear that you enjoyed your garden like that so much. The dew, the little critters, the blooms - it really it worth taking the time to appreciate the small things isn't it?
    Thank you for joining in lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, it's so lovely to have this as an excuse to get out there - sounds silly to need to have a blog prompt to venture in to the garden, but either way I'm happy! :-) Xx

      Delete
  6. Great shots - and it's amaxing how much a short garden visit can pick you up isn't it? ...it's just the getting out there x #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! A bit of fresh air and taking in the flora really lifts my spirits xx

      Delete
  7. Sometimes it is great to slow right down and look at the little things in the garden - they are all too easily missed otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly! A nice bit of slow living :-) Love your website by the way x

      Delete