Monday, 14 September 2015

Cruelty-Free Hair, Bath and Beauty

Here you'll find a list of the vegan beauty products I am currently using or have tried and a little about my experience of them. I do tend to use a lot of Superdrug stuff because they're own brand is mostly vegan and labelled really clearly, but this is not a sponsored post, just intended to help other vegans or vegan-curious to see the 'normal' stuff that's out there! I am always on a budget, too, so nothing here should break the bank.

Hair

Superdrug Dry Shampoo Killer Volume - this stuff is so good for plumping up your hair on a night out! You'll definitely need to wash it after use though, it's quite heavy and makes your hair rough. My hair is quite flat at the roots and this gives me that bit of extra volume it needs - so it's going to stay on my product shelf.

Superdrug Dry Shampoo - Cherry Blossom I LOVE the smell of cherry and this one is far more an everyday-rescue-me-quick dry shampoo than it's Killer Volume counterpart. Keeping!

Superdrug Extracts Shampoos and Conditioners - I am putting these all together as I imagine they're all quite similar? I have tried the coconut shampoo and the raspberry conditioner so far. They're ok - I am a bit fussy about conditioner as my hair is naturally wavy and has a tendency to be frizzy. I used Aussie stuff pre-vegan so I will continue my quest but the price makes this is great for every day hair washing and smells great.

Bath 

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Micro Polish Scrub When I was a teenager I used St Ives Apricot Scrub. I LOVED how coarse it was and, although my skin was a bit too sensitive for it, I just couldn't get enough of that super clean feeling after a good old exfoliate. After I had AJ my skin just couldn't take it any more, it would feel really dry and sore afterwards, so I had to stop but I still long for that scrubbed-up and fresh feeling it used to leave. I bought this polish hoping it might scratch that itch but firstly - it's a gel - and secondly - the blueberry seeds don't scrub enough for me. I managed to bag it at half price so it was worth a shot, but not sure I'd buy it again. It's not a bad product though, just not for me.

Superdrug Orange and Satsuma Fruity Shower Gel The scent of satsumas always reminds me of Christmas! Good value, smells great and lasts well. I would buy any of the Superdrug shower gels based on this one. Keep!

Beauty

It's no secret I love Barry M nail polishes, my collection currently stands at about 20 bottles! I love the colours, especially the glittery ones, the fact you can usually get them in the supermarket and of course the price. It's also great to know they're a compassionate brand who don't test on animals or use animal products in any of their nail polishes. There is an ingredients list for each of the colours on their website so it's always best to check but my last check in September showed them to be all vegan. Keep, keep, keep!


No comments:

Post a Comment