Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Crochet Mini Bunting


You might have guessed I've been on a bit of a crochet-athon this week and I've made a few sets of this lovely, bright mini bunting. I love how quick it is to make and that the colour combos are pretty much endless, you could have a massive spash of colour like I have or choose pastels for a more subtle shabby-chic look. I can never hold back enough for chic though!


I wanted to share this with you because once you know the basic crochet stitches (chain, slip stitch, double (US) / treble (UK) crochet) it's a quick and easy project to do. You can choose to have as many or as few pennants as you need depending on whatever the size of the thing you want to adorn with pretty bunting. I love to hang it from my dresser and make it look even more ridiculous than it already does, but you could have it hung across a mirror or fireplace or window. It also makes a lovely gift and I am posting some off to my penpals this week.


I received lots of lovely comments on Instagram and I wanted to give proper credit to Jacquie over at Bunny Mummy who put the hard work in to the pattern. Her blog is so lovely, with lots of free crochet patterns and beautiful photographs of her walks around Leicestershire. Jacquie's pattern is for big pennants, so I used just the first three rounds to make a mini version.


Amazing that just one more round transforms these circles to triangles!

I think my next little project will be a heart garland, perfect timing for Valentine's day on Saturday. I also found out this week that two of my friends are expecting babies in May and June, and my mind is awhir with tiny, cosy possibilities! It's so great having the bug back again (please stay!!) and I hope to get lots done during my week off for half term next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment